Local firefighters were hard at work this weekend.
The Belleville fire department, with the assistance of the Tyendinega fire department, responded to a barn fire at the end of Craig Road.
Tyendinaga continued to apply water to the barn until Belleville Fire was able to take control of the fire with Tyendinaga and Mohawk tankers remaining on scene to shuttle water to two portable water tanks set up at the fire scene.
The cause of the fire has been listed as accidental and originated near the north side of the barn from improper disposal of wood stove ashes.
It’s unknown at this time if the barn and roughly 100 bales of hay were insured.
The total estimated damage is pegged at $50,000. Three firefighters were injured during overhaul operations with two treated at the scene and once sent to the hospital.
(Photo Credit: City of Belleville)
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI | © Copyright 2008-2016 My Broadcasting Corporation